Degrees and Certifications
Ph.D., Health Behavior and Health Education, University of Michigan School of Public Health
M.P.H., Health Behavior and Health Education, University of Michigan School of Public Health
M.S., Occupational Therapy, University of Indianapolis
B.A., Biological Basis of Behavior, University of Pennsylvania
Health Education, Division of Kinesiology, Health and Sport Studies
2153 Faculty Administration Building
HE 6330 Health Behavior Change
HE 6560 Integrating Evidence-Based Practices in Community Health: Translating Research-to-Practice
HE 6501 Measurement and Evaluation in Community Health Education
Area of Expertise
- Mixed methods
- Community-based intervention research
- Program evaluation
- Economic evaluation in implementation science
- Quantitative methods
TARGET POPULATION EXPERTISE
SUBSTANTIVE AREA EXPERTISE
- Implementation science
- Applied economic evaluation of implementation strategies
- Substance use prevention
- Social-emotional learning
- Health disparities
- Health interventions in educational settings
Community Engagement Activities
Michigan Model for Health Steering Committee
(previous) President, MJR Foundation for Suicide Prevention
NIH Loan Repayment Program, Health Disparities Research 2016-2020
NIH Loan Repayment Program, Pediatrics, National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2020-2022
National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA), R34: Enhancing the Impact of Evidence-Based Prevention for Youth: the Rapid Adaption to Prevent Drug Use (RAPD) Implementation Strategy, 2022-2025
National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA), K01: Preventing Substance Use Among Youth: Behavioral and Economic Impact of Enhanced Implementation Strategies for Communities, 2019-2024
- Eisman A.B., Koffkey C., Palinkas L.A., Harvey C., Fridline J., Kilbourne A.M., Hutton D.W. A Mixed Methods Stakeholder-Focused Cost Analysis to Deploy Implementation Strategies for School-Based Universal Prevention. The Society for Implementation Research Collaboration (SIRC) Conference 2022.
- Eisman, A.B., Hutton, D.W.; Prosser, L.A., Smith, S.N., Kilbourne A.M. Cost-effectiveness of the Adaptive Implementation of Effective Programs Trial (ADEPT): approaches to adopting implementation strategies. 42nd Annual Meeting of the Society for Medical Decision Making. October, 2020.
- Eisman A.B., Greene D., Choi S., Boyd C.J., Smith S., Rusch A., Kilbourne A.M. School professional expertise in cognitive behavioral therapy and student risk of polysubstance use: Examining potential halo effects of school-based mental health implementation support. Academy Health 12th Annual Conference on the Science of Dissemination and Implementation Research in Health, Arlington, VA, December 4-6, 2019.
- Eisman A.B., Heinze J., Melde C., Franzen S., Rexin M., McGarrell E. Using Implementation Facilitation to Enhance Delivery of Mental Health First Aid as Part of a Comprehensive School Safety Program. American Public Health Associations’ Annual 2019 Meeting and Expo, Philadelphia, PA, November 2-6, 2019.
- Eisman A.B., Prosser L.A., Smith S.M., Eisenberg D., Kilbourne A.M., Economic Evaluation of Implementation Strategies: Making the Business Case for Implementation Science in the Real World. Society for Implementation Research Collaboration (SIRC). Seattle, WA, September 12-14, 2019.
- Eisman A.B., Heinze J.E., Melde C., Franzen S., Rexin M., McGarrell E. Using Implementation Facilitation to Enhance Delivery of a Comprehensive Intervention for School Safety. Society for Prevention Research Annual Meeting, San Francisco, CA, May 28-31, 2019.
- Eisman A.B., Hutton D.W., Prosser L.A., Smith S.N., Kilbourne A.M. Cost-effectiveness of the Adaptive Implementation of Effective Programs Trial (ADEPT): approaches to adopting implementation strategies. Implementation Science. December 2020: 15:109, 1-13.
- Eisman A.B., Kilbourne A.M., Walton M.A., Cunningham R.M. (2020) The User-Program Interaction: How teacher experience shapes the relationship between intervention packaging and fidelity to a state-adopted health curriculum. Prevention Science. April 20; doi:10.1007/s 11121-020-01120-8.
- Eisman A.B., Kilbourne A.M., Ngo Q.M., Fridline J., Zimmerman M.A., Greene, D., Cunningham R.M. Implementing a State-Adopted High School Health Curriculum: A Case Study. (2020) Journal of School Health. June; 90(6): 447-456.
- Eisman A.B., Heinze J., Kilbourne A.M., Franzen S., Melde C., McGarrell E. (2020) Comprehensive Approaches to Addressing Mental Health Needs and Enhancing School Security: A Hybrid Type II Cluster Randomized Trial. Health and Justice, 14;8(1).
- Eisman A.B., Kilbourne A.M., Dopp A., Saldana L., Eisenberg D. (2020) Economic Evaluation in Implementation Science: Making the Business Case for Implementation Strategies. Psychiatry Research, Jan; 283
- Veliz P., Eisman A.B., McCabe S.E., Evans-Polce R., McCabe V., Boyd C. (2020) E-cigarette Use, Poly-tobacco Use, and Longitudinal Changes in Tobacco and Substance Use Disorder Symptoms among U.S. Adolescents. Journal of Adolescent Health, 66(1):18-26.
- Eisman A.B., Hicks M., Kernsmith P., Rupp L., Smith-Darden J., Zimmerman M.A. (2019) Adapting an Evidence-Based Positive Youth Development Intervention to Prevent Sexual and Teen Dating Violence. Translational Behavioral Medicine. November 20; doi: 10.1093 /tbm/ibz156.
Complete bibliography available here: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/myncbi/andria.eisman.1/bibliography/public/
Community-based intervention research
TARGET POPULATION EXPERTISE
SUBSTANTIVE AREA EXPERTISE
Substance use prevention