- Associate Professor, Department of Biomedical Engineering, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI. 2018-present
- Assistant Professor, Department of Biomedical Engineering, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI. 2011-18
- Postdoctoral Researcher, University of Pennsylvania, Department of Bioengineering, Philadelphia, PA. 2008-11
- Neural Tissue Engineering
- Designing Polymeric Scaffolds for Directed Cell Migration
- Three dimensional Tissue Engineered Gradients: Chemotaxis, Haptotaxis, Durotaxis
- Directing Differentiation of Adult Stem Cells
- Microfluidics/Soft Lithography
- Whitehead, T.J. and Sundararaghavan, H.G. Electrospinning growth factor releasing microspheres into fibrous scaffolds. J Vis Exp, 2014. In Press
- Dishowitz, M.I., Zhu, F., Sundararaghavan, H.G., Ifkovits, J.L., Burdick, J.A., Hankenson, K.D. Jagged1 immobilization to a poly(β-amino ester) polymer activated Notch signaling pathway and induces osteogenesis. eCells and Materials. 2013. In Press.
- Wrobel, M., Sundararaghavan, H.G. Directed Migration in Neural Tissue Engineering. Tissue Engineering Part B. 2013 In Press.
- Sundararaghavan, H.G., Saunders, R.L., Hammer, D.A. Burdick, J.A., Fiber alignment directs cell motility over chemotactic gradients. Biotechnol Bioeng. 2013. 110(4): 1249-54
- Sundararaghavan, H. G., and Burdick, J. A. 2011. Gradients with depth in electrospun fibrous scaffolds for directed cell behavior. Biomacromolecules, 2011. 12(6):p.2344-50
- Sundararaghavan, H. G., Metter, R. B. and Burdick, J. A. 2009. Electrospun Fibrous Scaffolds with Multiscale and Photopatterned Porosity. Macromol Biosci., 10(3), 265-270.
- Sundararaghavan, H. G., Masand, S. N., and Shreiber, D.I. Microfluidic generation of haptotactic gradients through 3D collagen gels for enhanced neurite growth. J. Neurotrauma. 2011.
- Ifkovits, J. L., Sundararaghavan, H. G. and Burdick, J. A. 2009. Electrospinning Fibrous Polymer Scaffolds for Tissue Engineering and Cell Culture. J Vis Exp. 2009. Oct 21(32).
- Monteiro, G. A., Fernandes, A. V., Sundararaghavan, H. G. and Shreiber, D. I. 2009. Positively and Negatively Modulating Cell Adhesion to Type I Collagen Via Peptide Grafting. Tissue Eng Part A, 2011, 17(13-14):p.1663-73
- Sundararaghavan, H. G., Monteiro, G. A., Firestein, B. L. and Shreiber, D. I. 2009. Neurite Growth in 3d Collagen Gels with Gradients of Mechanical Properties. Biotechnol Bioeng, 102, 632-643.
- Sundararaghavan, H. G., Monteiro, G. A., Lapin, N. A., Chabal, Y. J., Miksan, J. R. and Shreiber, D. I. 2008. Genipin-Induced Changes in Collagen Gels: Correlation of Mechanical Properties to Fluorescence. J Biomed Mater Res A, 87, 308-320.
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Biomedical Engineering Society (BMES)
- Society of Women Engineers (SWE)
B.S.E., Chemical Engineering, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
Ph.D., Biomedical Engineering, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, New Brunswick, NJ
Assistant Professor, Department of Biomedical Engineering, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI. 2011-Present
Postdoctoral Researcher, University of Pennsylvania, Department of Bioengineering, Philadelphia, PA. 2008-2011